If it wasn’t obvious already, I really like anime.
But here is the thing: I just can’t rank the stuff I’ve seen. It’s too difficult for me. I like a lot of different anime for a lot of different reasons and it just seems to me like I’m cheapening my experience somehow by putting a number on it.
So this page isn’t going to be my Top 10 list. It’s just a placeholder for all the anime I like that I’ve written about in some way, for whatever purpose, and are rated higher than a 6 on my MAL. If there’s an anime missing here that could mean one of three things:
1. I liked it and haven’t gotten around to writing about it yet (mostly older series).
2. I watched it but didn’t like it quite enough to write about it.
3. I haven’t seen it.
If there’s a series you like and you want to see if I like it too, just drop a comment or an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) my way. I’ll reply as soon as I can. I also take suggestions for posts, but again it depends on whether I like the series enough in question. I’ve elected not to write specifically about series that I actively dislike. So if I’m ever complaining about an anime, it’s out of love.
With all that said…
The Ever-Growing List of Anime I Like (in alphabetical order):
Akagami no Shirayuki-hime:
- Inaho Instigates His NTR Plot [Aldnoah.Zero Episode 7 Spoilers]
- Shipping: Inaho x Hime x Slaine (Aldnoah.Zero)
- Rationality versus Irrationality in Aldnoah.Zero
Ao no Exorcist:
Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai:
- Between Life and Death: Lelouch Lamperouge
- Narrative Self-Projection and Hypocrisy: Why Suzaku is a Better Character Than Lelouch
ef ~a tale of memories~:
Honey and Clover:
Hunter x Hunter:
Kuroko no Basuke:
- An Ode to Little Busters!
- An Anime-Only Viewer’s Guide To Watching Little Busters!
- My Theory About The Secret Of Little Busters!
- How Nisekoi Is Actually Kind Of A Touching Romance
- Onodera Sucks
- Naoshi Komi admits that Nisekoi Sucks; he draws it for the reaction GIFs
- Froggy Answers Your Questions about Nisekoi
No Game No Life:
Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai:
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo:
- Shipping: Sorata x Nanami (Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo)
- Discovering the Kind of Creative Thinker You Are In Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
- The Ending of Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo Sucked [Light Novel Spoilers]
- Two Years Later, Nanami is Still the Best Girl in Sakurasou
Sword Art Online:
- Why Sword Art Online is a Worthwhile Anime
- How to Pick Up Chicks in Sword Art Online
- What if Gen Urobuchi wrote Sword Art Online?
- Kirito is an Asshole
- Ranking the SAO Girls
- Kirito Had the Worst Christmas Ever
- The Ecchi Scenes in Sword Art Online: Progressive
Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun:
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru:
- What if Hikigaya Hachiman Found the Death Note?
- Shipping: Hachiman x Totsuka (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatteiru)
- The Art In OreGairu Does Not Suck
- Brief Thoughts on the Fan Reception of Oregairu Zoku
Miscellaneous Posts About Anime I Think Are Slightly Above Average:
- Bakemonogatari: Why Do People Like Bakemonogatari?
- Free!: My Husbando in Free!
- Kyoukai no Kanata: What’s With All the Sisconning in Kyoukai no Kanata?
- Haiyore! Nyaruko-san: Shipping: Mahiro x Kuuko (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)
- Kill Me Baby: How Kill Me Baby Became a Cult Anime Hit in Japan
- Love Lab: Cute Girl Anime And The Female Adolescent Experience, Or Why You Should Watch Love Lab
- Rokka no Yuusha: The Music of Rokka no Hime and Akagami no Shirayuki-hime
- The Sacred Blacksmith: How To Watch Anime Correctly: The Sacred Blacksmith
- Valvrave the Liberator: Shipping: Haruto x L-Elf (Kakumeiki Valvrave)
- Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui!: On Repetitive Comedy: Why Tomoko Will Never Be Popular In Watamote